Thursday, April 25, 2013

Oni no Chizaro - Clan War to Warlord stats conversion

One of my favorite games is Clan War. I love rank and file games and Medieval Japan and Legends of 5 Rings. And sometimes I just want to play it in a skirmish game. So I'll  create a Warlord (from Reaper) with a Samurai feeling for L5R minis. I will call it Warlord - Another Tale of Genji. Yesterday as I was painting Oni no Chizaro and thinking about its stats I envisioned a solo game between the Oni and some Samurai. Seven in fact... Mmmm... I'll make a post on that later.










I had this beast for years now. Undercoated in black and waiting. The creature sprouts Oni Podlings so I had to broom the house several times a day. He promised he would stop with it if I painted him. Who believes in the promises of a Oni? But I picked the beast and gave it a quick dry-brush of purple while I admonished it about sprouting things. He moaned...










Oni no Chizaro has some interesting stats in Clan war, specially the capacity to sprout Oni Podlings and it has also some good skills. I will translate it to the Warlord system. (my homemade rules for feudal japan) trying to remain faithful to the spirit of the Oni, if not to its concrete stats. A dry-brush in red and then I highlighted the body with orange.














At this point he tried to bite my finger. Its in his nature, I suppose. I then painted the final details and I wrote down the sketch stats to try it out this weekend with a friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment